.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Read Comics

Sunday, September 04, 2005

LOTR thing

This is the cool piece of Lord of the Rings swag that I got at Skywalker Ranch while they were cleaning house. I guess someone who works there got it at the Trilogy showing and didn't want it anymore. And now it's mine, all mine, precious, yes.

Click on each of the images to get a VERY large version, to see details (incuding the reflection of my camera...)


Front


Back

Here is the only info I can find about this object, from the news archive at The One Ring, dated Nov 2003:

"As we countdown to the World Premiere of the final instalment of Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, the Embassy Theatre in Wellington is preparing for yet another unique event in conjunction with Tolkien's trilogy - a one-off screening of all 3 films back-to-back on Wednesday 17 December.The first 400 marathon viewers will receive a stunning commemorative desktop item made of solid pewter that incorporates images from each film and this collectible will not be available anywhere else in Australasia. We are advised that this has been created by Peter Jackson and the Weta Workshop. Each of the pieces will be unique and different, containing original film frames from The Fellowship Of The Ring, The Two Towers and The Return Of The King."

So apparently these were given out at Trilogy showings around the US, too. I didn't see the Trilogy in theatres, but my friends and I watched both extended versions the same day we went to see the premiere of ROTK.

Does this have anything to do with comics? No. But I had to show off my swag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home