.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Read Comics

Monday, October 19, 2009

52 Songs #7: Ginger Mayerson Viola and Piano Composition

This week: Ginger Mayerson, Viola and Piano Composition, performed and recorded in 1991. Regular listeners to the I Read Comics podcast know that I am enamored of Ginger's music. We became friends back in the late 16th century, but it wasn't until a few years ago that I realized she was a talented composer as well as being a fantastic writer. She's been letting people download her music for free, in the hopes of raising the level of class in society in general; now you can have it all on one beautiful CD, designed by the fabulous Brad Rader.

This selection is a soothing yet energetic piece for viola and piano. I've used parts of it in the show, and now you can hear the whole thing. Ordering the CD is so easy, there's really no excuse for not buying one right now. You won't regret it. The music will make you think. My life isn't all power pop and Kiwi melodies, you know.



Come back next Monday for another of the 52 songs!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home