.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Read Comics

Monday, November 30, 2009

52 Songs #13

This week: Mark Knopfler, Wild Theme, from the soundtrack lp Local Hero, released in 1983.

I was thinking about the movie Local Hero the other day and I remembered how wonderful Mark Knopfler's soundtrack is. If you haven't seen the movie, I don't think I can explain how sweet and quirky it is, or how you can fall in love with Scotland via Peter Riegert. But the music is the thing that ties it all together, and captures the longing for a magical place you passed through once in your life. Wow, that's pretty sappy! But listen to this and you'll know what I mean. Knopfler's guitar playing is, of course, stellar.

For the record, I went to Spanish City because it was mentioned in a Dire Straits song.





Come back next Monday for another of the 52 songs!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home