.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Read Comics

Monday, November 02, 2009

52 Songs #9: The Scofflaws - William Shatner

This week: The Scofflaws, William Shatner (live version) from the LP Live! Vol 1, released in 1996. This track is NSFW!

I can't remember where I heard it, but it's true: Ska is reggae played fast by white people. The Scofflaws were/are an East Coast ska band who had their heyday in the mid-80s and early 1990s. I wonder if I ever saw them live during my days at the record store - certainly I saw the Toasters, another ska band in which some of their members played. Their records are good but the live stuff is so much better, as you can tell by this recording of the CLASSIC song about Bill. We've used this song on the Look At His Butt podcast many times (and also in our live show). It should totally be Bill's theme music, and it should play whenever he walks into the room.

The Scofflaws are still playing live, apparently. I've love to let them know how much we dig this song, and make sure it's OK that we keep playing it on the show. He IS the sexiest fuckin' skinhead in the galaxy!



Come back next Monday for another of the 52 songs!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home