.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Read Comics

Friday, March 31, 2006

Show #24 - April 1

Show 24 on MP3

The big Thank You show!

Thank you all for the gifts and comics!
Blogs I really like:

I guested on the Around Comics podcast
Smax by Alan Moore, Zander Cannon, and Andrew Currie
She-Hulk 1-6, by Dan Slott and Juan Bobillo and Paul Pelletier (yeah!)
Tales from the Bully Pulpit by Benito Cereno and Graeme MacDonald
Mini reviews: Brownsville and Valentine
Sticky is now available for pre-order
Shirtlifter by Steve MacIsaac will debut at the Alternative Press Expo (and I'll be there too)

Welcome to my new sponsor, Comic Relief!

Music, as always, by Mayerson.
Other music I listened to this week that I love: Same Song, Digital Underground

A proud member of the Comics Podcasts Network!

This podcast is sponsored, as always, by the Lincoln Heights Literary Society - Ontology On the Go!


Now appearing on my desk. Thanks, Dave!

5 Comments:

  • The link for the cast says 'IRC23' instead of 24. Is the link wrong or is it supposed to be that way.

    Anyhow, I came here via WFA. Excellent blog. I've listened to most of the podcasts by now, and I found them highly entertaining and insightful. Quite excellent.

    By Blogger Aditya Bidikar, at 11:50 PM  

  • Speaking of Smax being Pythonesque, did you notice there is an overt Python reference in there?

    Somewhere along their journey, Smax and Toybox are in a meadow, and there is this sun and two clouds with legs jumping up and down like the Holy Grail 'stupid weather' bit.

    By Blogger Aditya Bidikar, at 12:32 AM  

  • Glad ya like it L.T, im just that it got to you in one piece i was really worried about it getting broken along the way. I hope you like the new promo we made you. Smax is my fave, cant wait for new shows! Hoorah!

    By Blogger None of your business, at 6:29 PM  

  • Great show.

    1) You aren't quite as far behind on She-Hulk as you think becase it was cancelled after issue #12 and took an extended break before restarting at #1 in October. The series (also by Dan Slott, with Bobillo for the first few issues, and a variety since) is currently at #6.

    2) I love the Polite Dissent blog. Thanks for recommending it. I know that some people think that this kind of analysis "ruins" comics, but I really enjoy it.

    3) I really think you'll like Top Ten: The Forty Niners if/when you read it. It's my favorite of all of the Top Ten related books.

    By Blogger Bob, at 4:50 PM  

  • Thanks for the mention! I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now. :-)

    By Blogger kalinara, at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home