.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Read Comics

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Show #27 - May 16

Show 27 on MP3

Kingcome Come-o-rama! With my special guest, Katheryne from Philly!

Jess Nevins' Kingdom Come Annotations
Some info about the audio dramatization of Kingdom Come
A recent CBR interview with Alex Ross (for the release of Absolute Kingdom Come)

Music, as always, by Mayerson.
Other music I listened to this week that I love: Wings Greatest Hits, Paul McCharmley

A proud member of the Comics Podcasts Network!

This podcast is sponsored by Comic Relief, the best comics store ever, and the Lincoln Heights Literary Society - Ontology On the Go!

3 Comments:

  • You are the correct the Epilogue was not originally released with the first issues of Kingdom. It was added on as the special treat for the fools who payed $100 bucks for the first hardcover version. They also added the Apocolypse section as well.

    By Blogger Dave, at 2:06 PM  

  • I really want to thank you for this show. I have the originals, the Grahphitti Edition, the novelization and the cassettes, but i haven thought about re-reading/listiening in a long time. Your show reminded me about all the exciting and wonderful things about that fascinted me about Kingdom Come in the first place. I'm rereading the novel now and then ont the graphic novel. Love the podcast and I'm backtracking though your older shows now. Thanks again.

    By Blogger bostonpenguincat, at 10:09 AM  

  • I agree that the Flash chapter of the Maggin novel is very good. I’ve thought about it often even though I read the book about 4 years ago. That chapter alone made more of an impression on me than many other “serious” books. Maggin has written some other good novelizations even though you wouldn’t know it based on the covers. I’m sure you would like them even though the covers are horribly trashy. “Last Son of Krypton”, for instance looks like it would be a straight novelization of the first Christopher Reeve movie, but it’s a completely different, and better, story. Don’t overlook “Starwinds Howl”, a Krypto novel.

    Have you heard the song “The Ballad of Barry Allen”? Here’s a link: http://bigego.com/index.php?page=songs&display=327. I don’t know for sure if the song is influenced by the aforesaid Flash chapter, but it’s hard to imagine that it’s not.

    By Blogger Coun5elor, at 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home